Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we'll call it my first real table saw. I have one of the cheap Skill models that sounds like a train wreck in progress when it's fired up!

After about a year or so of doing a lot of talking errr I mean researching, I made a purchase today. I found a 2 year old Ridgid TS3650 on Craigslist for $200.00. It was never really used, maybe a few test cuts but that's about it. It appears to be in mint condition outside of a couple of rust rings on top of the table where it had been used for a table itself.

We had to remove the rails and extension wings to get it out of the room it was in so I'll spend the next few days reading the manual and re-aligning. If anyone has any good tips outside of what the manual will tell me about aligning and adjusting that will be greatly appreciated. I'll see if I can find a copy of the "complete table saw" book and see what I can learn there also.

I had been bouncing around in my head the Ridgid vs. the Delta/Jet/Hitachi or Ryobi for a while, but the price on the Ridgid sealed the deal!

Well it's off to Sears tomorrow to spend my gift cards on a new router (see next post)

·
Registered
65 Posts
eric, I got the same saw, had it about a year now. Everything ok. Sounds like you got the best deal I heard about in awhile.

If you have to assemble. make sure you download the manual from the internet... for some reason, the one that came with my saw didn't have all the screws listed for the mobile base. Total pain before I downloaded manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts