Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I own a coffee shop/cafe' in Colorado Springs. I made a table out of Padauk and Maple, with alder apron and legs. Here are a couple of images of it in progress and assembled, prior to finish. I ended up doing 4 or 5 coats of hand rubbed linseed oil...
It came out great for my first try at a table! The third image is a Canarywood & Purpleheart top I made, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it...

Thanks,
JD

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Beautiful table, I love the look of Padauk and Maple together and you pulled it off nicely. Very nice photos of the process too. That Padauk is very straight grained it looks like. Should be stable though I don't work with it hardly at all. I have one large board of it in my pile and have been saving it since it is cost prohibitive to me to use it. Now you need to make some matching chairs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments.

I've never made chairs before. That seems intimidating for some reason. Where can I find a plan for a simple chair that would go well with a simple table?

My friend and I also did lots of Padauk and Maple trim in the coffee shop. I'll take some photos of that and post them.

·
BBQ Master & Competitor
192 Posts
I know this is sort of an old post but I wanted to say that I like the size and shape of that table.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts