Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've not written to the forum since joining a few years ago. Then after getting help from bigcougar he said this was the best place to read, learn, and post questions. He also said your website was the best and forget the others. So following my teacher's advice here I go.

My bowl is sweet gum. Sanded to 600 and then Myland's finish. (I think it is a waxy one) Not having worked with sweet gum I didn't know if it was the best finish. I wanted a glossy one and didn't have any lacquer in the shed. The choice was butcher block oil, or Myland's.

My thanks to all of you for your post and the tutorials. As a veteran this forum helps since I have to read the information several times to finally grasp the techniques, tools, and your years of knowledge.

Thanks to all again

Rex

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Looks Beautiful Rex, sometime a gloss shine can take away from the wood, you did it outstanding with the Myland's finish
Roy

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Great looking bowl! :thumbsup:
Sometime I'll try a NE bowl. Have thought about it but most of my woods lose that "edge"--thinking sometimes of having a lathe target range when I turn one with bark---maybe a new sport? :laughing:
Dave H

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.