Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one my dad made for me a few years ago. 2"x4" treated pine frame and slats that he had left over from a job. Kind of an updated and more comfortable version of a Viking chair. He patterned it after one he had seen somewhere. A little heavy. Think cypress or cedar would make a lighter version.

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
those look nice. I have plans out of a woodworking magazine made by Scott Phillips that I intend to make when I get the time.

like everything else, it's on the list of to do's. they appear to have weathered well. what finish did you use. tia

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think he used any finish. Just natural weathering of the treated lumber. I have it on my list too. I have some reclaimed cypress boards leftover from when I built my house. I'd like to build one out of it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
MmudKatD2 said:
I don't think he used any finish. Just natural weathering of the treated lumber. I have it on my list too. I have some reclaimed cypress boards leftover from when I built my house. I'd like to build one out of it.
thanks. the cypress will look nice and also be lighter weight. I have some white oak drying in the shop I hope to use

·
Registered
26 Posts
Made something similar

Made some chairs similar to your design from cedar. The plans came from the Thompson Water Seal web page.

The cedar came from the beams of the deck of our home during one of our house remodels.

Have enough cedar for one more chair. Made three so far, just need the time.

Later,
Heggy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Could not locate the plans on the internet, but

Could not locate the plans on the internet, but i sent a copy to Greg at his reclaimend wood blog gmail account.

Greg, Let me know if you did not get it.

Everyone else, please let me know if you wish to have the plans, i should be able to email the plans to you.

Thanks,
glen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts