Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured I'd introduce myself with some pics of my master bedroom that I've slowly been remodeling. For the record, I'm way more redn*ck than bougie.:giggle:

First the outside wall.
I removed a single window on my north wall (not seen) as well as a single 24" window and 60" single swing door and installed two 24" windows and a 72" sliding patio door.
Property Building Window Furniture Wood
Property Window Building Shade Wood
Property Building Window Fixture Azure
Property Window Fixture Wood Interior design
Window Property Building Fixture Wood

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After the floor and door-windows, I moved on to the closet. It is a very small awkward shaped walk-in. It took me a while to draw up something that I felt made every bit of space as functional as possible.

being a small closet and the fact I built it to the ceiling, I had to piece it together rather than build components and place them inside. I kinda just winged it as I went.
Building Wood Flooring Wood stain Floor
Property Wood Interior design Stairs House

Furniture Shelf Shelving Wood Wood stain

Brown Natural material Wood Rectangle Floor

The tricky part was getting the rod around the corner without wasting rod space. To make things worse, the two angles weren't 22.5deg., but instead 29 and 16. My solution...

Wood Floor Wood stain Flooring Hardwood
Brown Wood Beige Rectangle Shade
Building Property Wood Lighting Interior design

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You lost me on this. Can you explain it?

Looks good. I too love the pecan.
Ok, so the box has two 12vdc magnetic coil latches (similar to a door latch) that are always in the locked/out position. There is 12vdc power going to the drawer, (power for the latches and the USB power port). When you press the hidden button, it applies power to the magnetic latches, unlocking them. Not secure like an actual safe, but very secure as long as you have no idea how to unlock it. The USB ports are for charging, uhm, things.....

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So tomorrow I will bring you up to speed as to where I'm presently at. That floating sound bar, it has something in common with the next phase of the build.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On to the bed. I've heard of floating beds and looked at a few different examples of floating beds to get an idea of how to build one. But I had something very different pictured in my mind than what I found online. So I decided to just wing it and blaze my own trial. And with that said, I'm extremely pleased with the results.

The main structure is 2x12s. Once I bolted it to the wall, at 200lbs, I am able to stand on the corner at the foot of the bed with no noticeable deflection.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The outer face trim is wrapped with the same pecan as the counter top. In order to center the frame to the room, it partialy covered a receptacle. Since it is bokted to the wall, I needed a way to have access to it in the future. I could have moved it, but it would have been way more work than just making a removable section on the face trim.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts