Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate this beautiful crap.It is so toxic,within 2sec.of cutting it your throat and nose start burning.You don't even have to cut it,just vaccuming it up will do it! Kicks the hell out of Paduk and I bought $1000 of it before I found this out.:censored: Look before you leap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Did a quick search and it sure is purty! But I didn't notice any warnings about toxic. Sooooo you just happen to be one of the "lucky" ones that is allergic to it. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

I would do a test with the stuff. Rub some (fresh cut would be better) on your forearm and see if it develops hives etc. That would definably prove the case. I sure wouldn't breath any of the stuff anymore. Full respirator etc and surgical gloves.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Respirator "helped" but still unpleasent.People should ask on this site before using a new wood.I can't believe they didn't say anything about it's toxcity.Sorry about the spelling.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top