Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second set of ornaments. Hope my buddy b can see the snowman on these. One is made from maple and one from walnut. They are all pretty much the same with some differences such as size etc.

Attachments

·
Just call me Sir
287 Posts
Hi Mitch, i was thinking something like this, stand nearer to your subject fill the lens, or zoom in..the subject is the turning, not garage kitchen, basement or bedroom:yes: nice to see detail:eek: and bad sanding:laughing: you get the picture, no pun:laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup: LB..

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Those are pretty cool. Was thinking about doing one with a cross inside. Maybe even try to make a heart shape instead of the round holes.

Mike

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coffeetime
Thanks Mike. a cross in the middle of the turning? That would work, but it would create a little more work sanding the bottom of the hole. The two holes are drilled and leave a partial round side on btm. You would need to sand them down some for cross to sit level. The heart? I am not sure if you could pull that off. Important thing is, that you do what you have the urge to do and satisfy yourself. I will be looking for you to post something.If I can ever help you at all, e-mail me. Mitch

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
littlebuddha
b, yeah I get the picture and your absolutely right about the picture being the center of attention, if I were wanting to be fanatical about posting pictures to be viewed. I am no photographer and don't want to be. I post my turnings to be looked at by other guys that are just looking to see someones postings and maybe enjoying them in the process. I will take your advice and try to do better in the future but , like I said, I do this for my enjoyment. What I don't understand here is this and maybe you will clarify it for me. Maybe I am reading this wrong b. Your telling me you can't see the snowman in the picture but your telling me you can see that the sanding is bad ??? If that is correct, your a hell of a man my friend.Thanks again. Mitch

·
Just call me Sir
287 Posts
No god my eyes arn't that good, nothing wrong with your sanding. was meant that if you get a closer view of the turning you see it better, taking the michal about bad sanding. you don't have to be brill with a cam mitch just get be nearer and fill your viewfinder/lcd moniter. I like to see detail if any that turners put on, you get to view maybe pinch some ideas or add to them, you also get a bit better idea of how they might have turned something if bigger, like i asked earlier about if it was inside out turning or not. I have verifocal lens and i find it a pain looking at my moniter, have to take them of and lean back that bit, have to go get some new ones. Been in the shop making new lace bobbin tools for the wife today keep her sweet. cheers mitch..LB

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
littlebuddha
OK, glad we got that cleared up. I will make an attemp to do what you ask. a reasonable request it seems to me. I honestly never thought anyone cared to look that closely. I know what you mean about the glasses being a pain. I get new glasses every 3 years and have trifocals. Can't use them on the computer. I go to the drug store and buy a cheap $20 pair of glasses that have nothing but the bifocal in the entire lens and see great. Try that and leaning way back to see will be done forever.
Something I wanted to ask. What is a lace bobbin? You mention them often. Is that the thing in a sewing machine that holds the thread? Mitch

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little b
Sorry mate, I missed this reply for a couple days. Very nicely done, I would say. I like the work, but to be honest with You I still don't know what they do for you. Tell the missus I said hello. Mitch

·
Just call me Sir
287 Posts
Mitch what they do for me is, its good practice at small work and it keeps the wife of my back to do other things it also gets me money, i have a good outlet for them, and will be doing them on the webpage when i get the time. LB..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts