Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Man, all of these are too awesome for words. I especially love the looks of the engine in the last picture. What are the hoses and belts made from? If you cut them out of wood I'm going to die of incredulity and awe. AMAZING WORK. EVERY BIT OF IT!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, all of these are too awesome for words. I especially love the looks of the engine in the last picture. What are the hoses and belts made from? If you cut them out of wood I'm going to die of incredulity and awe. AMAZING WORK. EVERY BIT OF IT!
the fan belts and hoses are made from Huon pine I soak in water overnight or as Terry (Buggyman) gave me the tip of steam over a hot
pot of water on the stove, then i put the wood in a mould of the shape i want to make.
mel.

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
holy crap! that engine compartment is unbelievable!

:notworthy:

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
the fan belts and hoses are made from Huon pine I soak in water overnight or as Terry (Buggyman) gave me the tip of steam over a hot
pot of water on the stove, then i put the wood in a mould of the shape i want to make.
mel.
Well that's just incredible. I'm so glad to have you here. You are a master craftsman. :eek:

Great job Mel. I'm so glad you decided to post your wonderful models on here. Now, lets see some more!!!
Me too! I don't know where the heck you found this guy but thank you for encouraging him to post here. The bar of quality model making at this forum has creeped so high that us mere mortals need a ladder just to see it anymore! I'd be better off taking up knitting at this point.

·
Registered
902 Posts
You really outdid yourself! The whole thing is clever, beautiful and an inspiration. A true work of art! Great craftsmanship with fantastic attention to details.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would you consider posting some pictures of the tools you use, or even a listing of those tools.

Very nice, indeed.....

Dale in Indy
The main tools I use is the Bandsaw, lathe, dremel, stanley knife,small chisels and sandpaper sticks and thats about it.

Mel.

·
Cowboy up and do just it
535 Posts
As Tinny Tim would say, I love "them, every one." Or, Wow! I love the curves and detail, specially on the engine.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Wood Forum

1 - 17 of 17 Posts