Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having fun making boxes using my new finger joint jig and I feel like taking it to the next level. I want to make hexagon and octagon boxes using finger joints.

Does anyone have any plans for a finger joint jig with perhaps a tilting fence. I would like to make one that adjust rather than need a separate one for each type of box. I guess I could figure it out but if anyone already has a picture of a decent working one I won't have to reinvent the wheel. Thanks, John

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have been having fun making boxes using my new finger joint jig and I feel like taking it to the next level. I want to make hexagon and octagon boxes using finger joints.

Does anyone have any plans for a finger joint jig with perhaps a tilting fence. I would like to make one that adjust rather than need a separate one for each type of box. I guess I could figure it out but if anyone already has a picture of a decent working one I won't have to reinvent the wheel. Thanks, John
You can buy a Incra Fence system for your router table, expensive. Another member here mentioned it in a thread. I watched the video and really want one one now. It has over 25 different measurement tapes for different joint layouts. Mostly used on a router table. Here is the link http://www.incra.com/product_rtf_lsstandard.htm

watch the video he shows just two of the 25 layouts for joints, finger joints are also included.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen some of the Incra products and videos...they make me drool with tool envy:yes:. I can't afford them right now which means I may have to get inventive.

fj1.jpg

Unless someone already has made one I can get ideas from, I'll try making one similar to what I have now but with a tilted fence.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have seen some of the Incra products and videos...they make me drool with tool envy:yes:. I can't afford them right now
You and me both, I want the super system 17 inch, but man...$400 and I would need a bigger router table or add on to the one I got...

·
Registered
147 Posts
A guy used to sell a finger joint jig on eBay any made the different boxes by just putting a different angled board up against his fence and then the wood. I have the different degree settings at home to tell you but at Disney now with family. He made it look simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts