Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well produced and edited Father T! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Maybe you can share your editing resources? I have always wanted to produce some videos, but have been put off learning all the necessary ins and outs of producing and posting content.

At 3:25 you show an icon? I thought the Catholic church didn't use icons? Or is it a tapestry? I thought I saw fringe, but ?

·
Exiled to Missouri
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well produced and edited Father T! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Maybe you can share your editing resources? I have always wanted to produce some videos, but have been put off learning all the necessary ins and outs of producing and posting content.

At 3:25 you show an icon? I thought the Catholic church didn't use icons? Or is it a tapestry? I thought I saw fringe, but ?
Right now I am keeping it very simple - I am using iMovie, which came with my computer. It is an easy enough software to learn and there are some good tutorials available online.

At 3:25 is the Plaschanitsa, which is used for the Good Friday Liturgy. The parish I serve is a Ruthenian Catholic Church. They use the Liturgy of the Orthodox, but re-entered communion with the Bishop of Rome (the Pope) in the 1590s and were granted permission to retain all their customs and Liturgies by Pope Clement VIII. And so, there are lots of icons.
But yes, even Roman Catholic Churches have icons (in small numbers) though statues are preferred.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.