Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I made a couple of toy trucks, I went a few notches higher and made a wooden Model A Ford. This one is not a toy and took many hours to complete. I used pictures from the Web and a book to scale things up to size. It has an engine and a working rumble seat lid. I didn't have my mini lathe then, so I purchased the wheels then, altered them to look more realistic.

I have made a lot of unusual things and I was going to start posting them in a Gallery, however my son-in-law is a web developer and gave me my own web site blog for Christmas and I will have all of my projects on it soon. I'll post the site for all to see and use, when I get it all organized.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND MAY YOUR NEW YEAR BE BLESSED

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted to stay with dark fenders and light body, much as the old fords did. It gives you a better view of the details and looks better. This was one of my first models and I didn't have much experience with different woods, so I just went with what I had. As I look back on it, a closer grain may have worked better

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Ron, that's a real nice looking Model A. Just like my first car! I made an Army jeep with Oak and Walnut. A fun project, but not as much detail as you have in your car.

-Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts