Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I can't afford the 500 dollar kreg setup at woodcraft I decided to make a rolling cabinet for my bench top router table. I am fairly new to the trade so go easy on me ;-) I made a frame out of 2x3's. I used 2 1/2 in brass wood screws. The ones Home Depot sells for building stuff not dry wall. Basically I made the top and bottom frame as a rectangle with a center support. I screwed the connecting legs in each corner on the inside of the box. The top and sides are 3/4 mdf the top has 3/4 over hang on all sides and front and back has 3/4 over hang on the sides to make the walls fit flush. I have 4 2in locking casters mounted on the bottom. Tomorrow I'll pick up the rest of the mdf for the other sides and the floor of the cabinet and mount the door

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also with the router table mounted the total height is 38 in which is perfect for me since I'm 5'8". No need to lean over or have my arms cramped due to being too high. The width is 24" and depth is 18 1/2 "

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JohnnyG73 said:
It looks great. Will make a good storage place too.
Thanks! I was thinking I would keep jigs and extra stuff like that in the cabinet. I have a pretty limited space in my shop because what used to be a garage was split in half for an extra room before we moved here. I figured it could keep all my router extras there and the corner where it will live has a small bit cabinet hanging which I plan to make my own and hang on that wall. Put the casters on incase I get into a longer piece of stock am I can just roll it away from the wall.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chsdiyer said:
Looks good, and does exactly what you wanted/needed for a whole lot less $$. I was going to make the same suggestion about using the bottom for storage of router bits, and other accessories.
Yeah I saved a ton. The setups I've seen at rockler and woodcraft are 500-1000 and I can't afford that. Can't wait to finish it up today and roll it into its new spot

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gus1962 said:
It looks good. That's very functional.
Thanks man! It does feel go to build my own. The biggest worry I had was with the casters but the 2 in casters HD sell seem to lock, roll and hold the weight great! I got the ones that are rated for 90lbs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts