Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase two mobile machine bases. One for my Ridgid planer (23" x 32") and one for my upcoming purchase, a Grizzly 14" Ultimate Bandsaw. I am not crazy about the Shop Fox base that Grizzly sells because you have to hand turn two front legs up and down every time you want to move it. I like the look of the Delta 50-345 Universal Mobile Base because it has one wheel in front which is actuated with a foot pedal. Does anyone know where I can get these for a good price? If anyone has any other recommendations I'd love to hear them as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the Delta bas on my TS. Works great. Quick and easy. I've not seen any others like it. The one wheel left is key as you said.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mobile Base

Hello , Rockler has them on sale for 29.99 , I tried to order on line but the add says there were sold out , I call them ( Rockler ) the next day & they were not out of stock ( some kind of error ) and I had 2 of them in a couple of days . They are great , I have one on wy Bandsaw , Table saw , and a spare for the next buy . They also have free shipping , but I am not sure for how long . Gary

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mobile Base

I just checked and they were only on sale for the weekend , who knows maybe they would still honor it if you called them . Sorry , but they are a great base .

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dovetailer59,

Thanks for the tip on the sale price. I called and was able to get two of them for the sale price with free shipping!!!! I couldn't pass it up because that's cheaper than one at Amazon! Besides, I was having a tough time justifying paying that kind of price for a mobile base. Thanks again for the tip on a great deal!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
HTC routinely has clearenced bases on their site HTCProductsinc dot com. You can find great deals on those bases if they happen to have ones that fit your machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts