Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Really underground garage
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have hold-downs for shaper,TS,BS,etc that have the "T" style mitre slot.Thats not what the question is.

On a mitre slot that is NOT of a T configuration,IOWs....plain jane 3/8 x 3/4 slot......Has anyone seen a short pce of steel(inch or two long) that has a threaded hole in its top.This is what you mount,whatever it is you want mounted to table.The issue is,what holds the pce of steel stationary in this T'less slot?

I can make several different variety's in no-time.......but if they're available,and cheap....not a lot of point engineering them.

Yes,I searched......with no luck.Search engines keep getting derailed on milling machine T slot goobers.

·
John
3,028 Posts
We have hold-downs for shaper,TS,BS,etc that have the "T" style mitre slot.Thats not what the question is.

On a mitre slot that is NOT of a T configuration,IOWs....plain jane 3/8 x 3/4 slot......Has anyone seen a short pce of steel(inch or two long) that has a threaded hole in its top.This is what you mount,whatever it is you want mounted to table.The issue is,what holds the pce of steel stationary in this T'less slot?

I can make several different variety's in no-time.......but if they're available,and cheap....not a lot of point engineering them.

Yes,I searched......with no luck.Search engines keep getting derailed on milling machine T slot goobers.
Hi BW - Maybe this is what you are looking for
http://ptreeusa.com/ttrackproducts.htm#1139

You need to scroll down to the "Miter-Slot Jig & Fixture Hardware Kit". Looks like you need to buy the whole kit but at $6 for two including the knobs and bolts doesn't strike me as prohibitively expensive. :smile:
As you can see, the bar is split down the middle and the cone of the screw spreads the bar tightening it against the sides of the channel as the knob is tightened.

Reactions: BWSmith

·
Really underground garage
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gentlemen!

It's a wedgy,haha.Was thinking a split end on bar stock with a threaded,cam action to spread/lock....I like the wedgy better,thanks for links,will buy a cpl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts