Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this topic has been done a million times but I've finally out grown my throw together miter saw stand that just sits on sawhorse. I know there are a million ideas out there but I would like to see pictures of yours or your favorite "portable" (preferably on wheels) miter saw stand (or station). I know there is the typical ones with 2 wings and just wide enough to fit your saw, but i was thinking something around the 6' wide range with wings on both sides, but with the sides down, you can cut smaller pieces. I have a good size area in my garage/shop to move it around but however since it is a garage as well it cant be terribly big. I also would like to see your simple dust collection set-ups for your miter stations.

Thanks in Advance and as always "There is no more important safety rule than to wear these, safety glasses.":eek:

·
Registered
401 Posts
I made a nice router table/cabinet from plans from plansnow.com. You can adjust the plans for your purposes and easily add wheels.

For dust collection, I use the cyclone/wet/dry vac system. Simple and cheap.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I plan on building my own miter table here pretty soon. I am not concerned with portability so I will be building a recessed pocket in a table top to allow the miter saw to bevel and swing appropriately, while using the table top for outfeed.

Should be fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts