Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am from Minnesota and just starting in woodworking. So far everything I have tried has been by recycling old wood or using fallen stuff I have found in the woods. This feels responsible to me and fits my budget, lol. I usually have no idea what kind of wood I'm working on, but to me it all looks beautiful anyway. I can't wait to actually learn some stuff. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Attachments

Reactions: thenewguy

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome to the forum... a great place to learn. Just a word of caution on "used" wood, especially old pallets. You never know where they've been or what chemicals have been spilled on them. Wear breathing protection...

·
Registered
22 Posts
thenewguy said:
Hello everyone! I am from Minnesota and just starting in woodworking. So far everything I have tried has been by recycling old wood or using fallen stuff I have found in the woods. This feels responsible to me and fits my budget, lol. I usually have no idea what kind of wood I'm working on, but to me it all looks beautiful anyway. I can't wait to actually learn some stuff. Thanks all!
I'm glad you signed up! I live in Minneapolis. My favorite places to shop are the Woodcraft store and the Rockler stores. Welcome!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Howdy!
Dave H

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know what you mean, I got an awesome walking stick out of a small tree trunk and it's root ball at the bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts