Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I specialize in building miniature tools, and that is an end in itself; but useing these tools to build miniature furniture and other things is a natural progression. Ralph

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow....where did you get that giant penny? No seriously, very nice work. You must be an extremely patient person.

·
Gold Coast. OZ
618 Posts
Thanks for showing Art.

Now, if I may be so bold, would it be possible next time you are making some furniture or making a tool to put up some photos and description of your Work - in - progress.

I am really taken in by this.

Pete

ps.

I would also like to know where I can get a giant penny from also. This is all done with smoke and mirrors isn't it.

You can come clean with me, I wont tell a soul.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks gents. I appreciate your thoughts.

Pete, I'll try to post a build thread. Do keep in mind that the tolerances on miniatures are Huge. That is, cutting a part to within 1/16" in full scale to make a flush joint requires that the piece be cut to within 1/160 " on a 1/10 scale piece. You may want to start with a full scale project and work your way down to 1/4 scale or so. Keep that up and you'll hit bottom like I did, and recovering from that would take years of therapy if ever. Ralph

ps: Shh -- I made the penny too, needed big cash. Just don't tell anybody.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I too would love to see a build thread. I'm blown away by the miniature handplanes. The tools are amazing!

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Wow, Art! That stuff is real... art! I love the miniature furniture. I may be even MORE blown away by the mini tools. You must show us more. This stuff is incredible. I'd love to see some more close up shots of the tools you've made.

Are any of your pieces intended for doll houses? Or are they specifically designed to blow my mind? ' Cause they are :thumbsup:

·
Cowboy up and do just it
535 Posts
Wow, someone builds furniture for people my size. Laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Wood Forum

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Ostie and Brian. Please view my "Miniature Tools", tool board and work bench under the hand tools thread. Ralph

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks vurenbach and Steve. I don't really do doll house scale furnitur by design, but try to explore a variety of scales just for fun. I'll try to post tools close ups. It is miniature tool building that is my real passion - furniture is a sideline. Ralph

·
Cowboy up and do just it
535 Posts
Art Rafael said:
Thanks vurenbach and Steve. I don't really do doll house scale furnitur by design, but try to explore a variety of scales just for fun. I'll try to post tools close ups. It is miniature tool building that is my real passion - furniture is a sideline. Ralph

http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/f...WorkBenchampToolboard007_zps68ce57a2.jpg.html

http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/f...WorkBenchampToolboard005_zpsffba0576.jpg.html

http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/f...WorkBenchampToolboard006_zpsc8d63bac.jpg.html
Doll house? I thought it was for dwarf people. They would be great when my six brothers come over. LOL.

I'm sure they will be popular on March 17 and December 25 when company comes over.

The shoe maker would love the tools.

; )

Sent from my iPhone using Wood Forum

·
Registered
275 Posts
Simply incredible. The tools and the furniture are both beautiful and amazing.

Are all of the tools that you show functional? Mostly, I am wondering if you temper the edges of all of the cutting blades (planes, chisels, drawknives, axes, etc).
Also, what scale is on that adjustable square? That may be my favorite of all of you miniature tools!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts