Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this from an older 5.5" cordless circ. saw. it runs off my 18v lithium ion milwaukee batteries all day. The motor/gear/ blade assembly is mounted so that adjustment to maintain 90deg. is quite easy, and i have yet to readjust. Made it from poplar, red oak, hard board, plywood, and what ever else i had layin around. I am trapped in a one bedroom apartment, so this tool has proven invaluable. It truly cuts square at any angle so far, up to a 16th shy of 1.5". I'm still using the blade that came stock with the original saw, and amazingly it cuts great. Thank for checkin it out!

p.s. safety equipment has been removed to show details ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for the compliments, and please feel free to use whatever ideas you can from the vague pics... really wished i would have taken some pics with the "table" off to show how the adj. works. damn thing works way better than i could have ever hoped, so i'm not touchin the table again until i have some kinda problem.. thanx for the interest!

·
where's my table saw?
28,737 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i do alot of cutting with handsaws, although i used my ryobi portable "table saw" to cut the plywood. although that is far from an accurate piece of machinery. the on-off switch on my saw is located just under the table, safe enough seems to me? strangely enough, the switch is located under the table on the ryobi as well? awesome blades, and that will be the next step on this thing... i really am happy with this thing, and really couldnt ask for more as far as accuracy is concerned. the pic attached is a table i made with hand tools and the mini saw alone. one bedroom 2nd floor apartment with no balcony, if you can only imagine the problems that creates...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Thanks for this thread Surf.

Most of my woodworking is done I the field and doesn't justify hauling the bench top TS I normally use.

This thread has inspired me to build a similar unit for my Dewalt cordless that suits my purposes on such occasions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts