Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just call me Sir
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i know a bit more Acaccia, but its nice to use, also the top part is a nice bit of Acaccia Bur, not so nice to use. Got high on superglue, wow.
Must buy a face mask with air blower.
Anyway apart from me getting off my face, how do you like it, bit different for me.

http://www.shapewood.co.uk

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
little b
Congratulations, you really did yourself proud. That is a beautiful bit of work. The flowers(or whatever you call it),is like the icing on the cake, sweet as can be. Nice work b. You want to send that thing over here to me so I can get a closer look at it? I will be sure it is returned.Whattt!!!! you don't believe me? Mitch

·
Registered
27 Posts
Personally............. I dont like it

It's to small, to busy, the curves and coves are unbalanced, timber is to figured for such a piece, a simpler shape and form using oak would look much better, but hey, that's my opinion

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Litle B

Some constructive criticism (well you did ask)

Firstly
I can see the work that has gone into it and you do some very good work

The Jardiniere itself(top piece) would look spectacular on its own with all the figuring in the wood work.

The stand lets it down. The various curves involved are down to personal preference. However it took me a while looking at the pics to realise what was realy bugging me.. The black figuring on the stand takes away from the top.

Look at the bottom pic and place your finger over the mark. It changes the stand completely.. I can see where CTB was going with his comments about the plain light oak

But then again I may be wrong as My work comes nowhere near yours in quality

·
Registered
27 Posts
A wee bit more pleasantly put by my Loch Lomond colleague, but just to show you what I mean about Oak, simple form, with more height, here is one that I made a short time ago, it's 4 ft in height and made from Oak in 5 sections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts