Woodworking Talk banner

Micro Adjuster for Router Table Fence

14K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  durdyolman 
I was going through a shop project list that I made awhile back and on my list I had a homemade Micro Adjuster for a router table fence. Only problem is that I can’t remember what it looked like or where I saw it. I thought I saw it on YouTube but I can’t find. All I can find is expensive store bought ones which I don’t want.

Anybody have plans for one?
Hi Johnny - you might try here
http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking-plans/jigs/shop-made-micro-adjustment-jig/

Good Luck :smile:

Reactions: Sleeper
Thanks John, it took me a few minutes to get the concept but that’s pretty cool. I was looking for something that has a knob to turn for the fine adjustment. I think that instead of gluing the top threaded rod, extend it out the back so that it can turn to make the adjustment instead of hopping along the threads.Just have to figure out how to keep it in place on top while turning.:smile:
Hi Johnny - I apologize, I didn't open the pdf and look at the plan until after I posted it and then got tied up on something else. To be honest, I'm not overly impressed with that approach.

I have seen some that utilize an 8-32 male knob and a brass threaded insert but can't herd enough brain cells together to remember where. Seems like those just work on one end of the fence also. That's not really a bad thing, it eliminates needing to gang two adjustments together to make sure everything moves the same amount.
Good Luck, if I run across anything, I'll post it.:smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.