Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working on this one for a little while-the stress/twist cracks merited a slow turning. The grain patterns are different- go lots if directions- made for "interesting" sanding. Got the one void filled & it turned out nice even though it's partially clear- the turquoise settled some while it cured.
It's 11 x 4 inches, friction polish

Attachments

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Very nice looking. I'm jealous. I made a Peppermill out of a piece of mesquite that I hoped would have some wild grain. Instead, it's so plain, I yawn every time I see it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice looking. I'm jealous. I made a Peppermill out of a piece of mesquite that I hoped would have some wild grain. Instead, it's so plain, I yawn every time I see it.
Well, guess I could send ya a piece of mesquite.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure if you're serious, but that would be great if you are willing. Do you have any 3"x3"x12"?
wouldn't offer if didn't mean it. Will try to find a piece from pile that has good marking & cut one. Send me a PM with your address?

·
SS user
2,688 Posts
Very nice, Doc. Love mesquite and turquoise!
I don't turn, so not sure if my solution to the sinking is viable. On flat work, I may use 2 or 3 pours of (usually black tinted) epoxy then, over fill with the final pour of stone/epoxy mix. If it's shallow enough, just one pour, but over filled.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Horatio said:
Great as usual! Love mesquite!
Hey!! Welcome back from vacation-or whatever.
Good to see you back Horatio!

·
Registered
593 Posts
cuerodoc said:
Hey!! Welcome back from vacation-or whatever. Good to see you back Horatio!
School has kept me busy, shop fallen into chaos an disrepair but I cleaned up last weekend and have a few family requests for turned items so I'll be around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.