Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope everyone is having as good a holiday as My family and I are. I just came in from pulling some small logs out of the woods with my little Kubota. And my wife has Chili on the stove. It is my favorite food when I come in from the cold.
I even found the hatchet my father bought me when I was 11. I asked my mother if she remembered it and she told me it was in the barn on the tool bench. The best present anyone could ask for. I hadn't seen it in at least 40 years.

Happy Holidays to all,

Jimmy

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
That's cool.

I still have my dads official Boy Scout hatchet. He carved his initials in the handle.

I don't use it but I enjoy having it.

·
Sawing against the Wind
2,383 Posts
And Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I also have several of my grandfathers tools from when he was in construction.

·
Rustic furniture
1,197 Posts
My grandfather used to whittle chains, and was a astonishing excellent woodworker. He basically restored antiques when they looked impossible and made nice heirlooms from them. Wall clocks and very ornate pieces.

I have one chain I keep in the shop and some hand saws.
Christmas for me was actually boring...and that was good. In years past we used to do a quad state run to 3 relatives homes, eat like pigs, and do it all in 3 days....after just doing Thanksgiving. Most of those relatives are now deceased, so now we don't need to make the marathon runs. We didn't even have a Christmas tree at our house for the first 25 years we were married....we were never home.
Glad that we had a boring time.

Celebrate CHRIST !

·
Registered
146 Posts
Those marathons might have been a little easier if you drove instead of ran, but that's a good way to work off all that food.;) I agree... sometimes quiet is good. Weather has turned nice, ice has melted, so it is time to go outside and play! Those posts do have me wondering what my kids and grandkids will have to remember me by. This is the time to do things that they'll remember!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts