Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bud Day Dies

All of us retirees out there owe much to Bud. He was largely responsible for there being a Tri Care For Life Option in our health care.

He also stayed active in many local and national military organizations. He had lived a terrible life while a North Vietnam prisoner, but he stayed active. It was great to see him and his wife out on the floor at our annual Christmas Dance.

We will miss him. Our prayers to his family.

George

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for posting that George. I remember some of that story about him. Are you close to his location...attend any of the services?

He lived about a mile from me.

Even though the service is being held in the Convention Center, I have doubts about trying to attend. There will be one huge throng there.

George

·
Registered
13 Posts
He was the true HERO in his life time.

As a pow, he endured much pain and torture, but yet was honorable. If only we had more like him. Remember the news reports of his service and how he stood up for what's right. R.I.P. sir...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Rest in Peace Sir. You certainly earned it.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I was sad to see him pass. I am from Sioux City orginally and out airport there is named in his honor. A great American hero.

·
Advanced mistake maker
1,231 Posts
Bud Day Dies

All of us retirees out there owe much to Bud. He was largely responsible for there being a Tri Care For Life Option in our health care.

He also stayed active in many local and national military organizations. He had lived a terrible life while a North Vietnam prisoner, but he stayed active. It was great to see him and his wife out on the floor at our annual Christmas Dance.

We will miss him. Our prayers to his family.

George
A bit late to comment, but I would like to add that it isn't just the retirees that owe Bud much. Every retiree, every reserve, every service member of every branch who ever donned the uniform owes a debt that can never be paid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts