Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am very new to this, I have just sanded back my kitchen cupboard doors draws etc am told they are Tasmanian oak I have stained them with a stain and want to put a finish on them I bought Satin Finish polyurethane but it looks to glossy and really the finish I am not keen on, so I bought a matte finish one and its no better still a bit shinny in patches have to keep working it to get rid of shine, they look lovely just as they are, but naturally will soak up stains etc. can anyone help please.
thankyou

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
Hi am very new to this, I have just sanded back my kitchen cupboard doors draws etc am told they are Tasmanian oak I have stained them with a stain and want to put a finish on them I bought Satin Finish polyurethane but it looks to glossy and really the finish I am not keen on, so I bought a matte finish one and its no better still a bit shinny in patches have to keep working it to get rid of shine, they look lovely just as they are, but naturally will soak up stains etc. can anyone help please.
thankyou

In an inconspicuous area, try a light rub with a white Scotchbrite pad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts