Woodworking Talk banner

Marketing Unusual Lumber

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Da Aardvark 
Hey ETTW,
We're just on opposite sides of the fence/line/road..LOL..there's really not a middle. It takes a good sawyer either way....not every sawyer can saw "grade" nor every sawyer can see the potential in the "UGLY" stuff...it's as much of an art to calculate a great ugly board as it does for premium wood. I personally can admire both as an art in themselves in how a good sawyer can bring out the BEAUTY of the grains!!!

As for the furniture end ...I admire the great patience it requires to build fine craftsman type furniture as much as I admire how an artist/craftsman can take a piece of "trash" Ugly wood and make such beauty.

Now I cut the "UGLY" stuff BUT only from the stuff you as a grade sawyer would cull....so we're both helping the environment, not wasting AND LOVING what we do!!!

I can cut grade....but it's not my style or desire BUT I'm glad others do enjoy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.