Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Woodworkers,

I would like to share the video of this toy I have finished a few months ago. Plenty of fun watching the mechanisms and adventure of the marbles trying not to fall from the machine. No special tools, laser or cnc applied here. Only basic cutting tools, brazilian woods and lots of patience.

Thanks. Comments and suggestions are welcome. Pls share it if you like it.

Best regards,
GWeigert.

·
Super Moderator
3,568 Posts
GW - great work !!
last year, I made the "deluxe" model that you buy in a kit and put together yourself.
even tho all the pieces are pre-cut, it still takes some skill to put it together.
building all the parts yourself is quite a feat in craftsmanship !!
yes, it is fun to watch it in action.
with 3 grandkids, I spray painted the steel balls different colors so the kids can
keep up with their own and track it through the process.
mine has an entry ramp where three marbles take off at the same time and finish
at different times, depending on the parts that keep the marbles the longest. (the dish).
it soon becomes a competition of who can finish first.
GREAT JOB !!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Absolutely fantastic - I love that all the vertical blocks go up and down, not just half of them

Reactions: gweigert

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GW - great work !!
last year, I made the "deluxe" model that you buy in a kit and put together yourself.
even tho all the pieces are pre-cut, it still takes some skill to put it together.
building all the parts yourself is quite a feat in craftsmanship !!
yes, it is fun to watch it in action.
with 3 grandkids, I spray painted the steel balls different colors so the kids can
keep up with their own and track it through the process.
mine has an entry ramp where three marbles take off at the same time and finish
at different times, depending on the parts that keep the marbles the longest. (the dish).
it soon becomes a competition of who can finish first.
GREAT JOB !!!
Hi John! Thanks. Great idea to use different colors and promote a race. My 3 daughters will love it. Tks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts