Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
sawdust manufacturer
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fellow member, who should remain nameless at least until I ask permission(sawdustfactory!), recently sent me some pieces of the maple he obtained...

Beautiful stuff!:eek:

I can't wait to show any finished pieces, so I'll put some pieces in progress up for review...

There was a post I noticed earlier that mentioned offering a turning to the benefactor who provided the wood. While I agree in principle, she has already spotted these, and it is highly unlikely that my benefactor(sawdustfactory!) will ever lay hands on this stuff again.

Sorry, dude...:laughing:

Oh, and THANKS!:thumbsup:
p

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Very nicely turned!

(ps ... I didn't mean to include other turners when I used the term "benefactors" ... I was thinking of neighbors and/or friends and/or acquaintances who don't make things from wood themselves. With other turners, I try to offer something from my stockpile that they may not have in exchange.)

·
sawdust manufacturer
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

Duncan, 'twas not meant as a snipe of any sort.:no:

...jus' sayin' the ol' lady likes it, too!:yes::laughing:

p

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Thanks guys!

Duncan, 'twas not meant as a snipe of any sort.:no:

...jus' sayin' the ol' lady likes it, too!:yes::laughing:

p
I didn't take it as one - I was just trying to clarify what I'd meant :icon_cool:

Today the USPS brought me a few pieces from the same source, I hope I can turn it into something as eye-catching as you have :thumbsup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thats some good looking wood,and the work is great also.I love the way you finished the bottom.Gives me a idea;Mack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts