Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Termite
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One for sale on Marketplace for $75. I'm not familiar with it because I have Dewalt but I'd guess if it works right it would be worth more?

·
Registered
Termite
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought it. Looks to be in good shape. Blade needs sharpening..
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Bumper

·
Registered
Termite
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Downloading the manual and will buy a factory wrench off Ebay. Probably will resell it or trade it for fishing stuff..

I know when I buy a tool I'm much happier with a manual and wrench included...

If anyone who has bought the saw new remembers anything that came with it let me know...

·
RAM Man
765 Posts
Isn't that the blade wrench right behind the fence on the RH side of the saw. That's were the wrench is located on my LS1016. That LS1013 is a great slider and IMO was king of the hill when it was introduced.

Reactions: BigJim

·
Registered
Termite
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I went out and looked it was on the left side. It looks to be missing the vertical vise.

A lot of the problems was the height of the fence.

·
Registered
Termite
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at the internet it says it needs 20" in depth for it to work on my bench. I have 15" but might be able to move forward. I have a Makita L1000 in the bench right now. It would make a nice upgrade if I can,ake it work...

I got too many saws...

·
Super Moderator
5,274 Posts
I had the same problem with my miter saw, it was too large for my work table. I made a cantilevered so it sits out in front of the table a little.

·
Registered
Termite
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got ot out of the car. Looks like most of the cleanup will be from it sitting. Blades no good or needs sharpening . A little modification and I can use it in the bench. A scuff pad and an acclimated garage and I'll be In business.
Saw Motor vehicle Automotive tire Engineering Auto part
Automotive tire Wood Road surface Asphalt Bumper
Hand tool Wood Bumper Tool Automotive exterior

·
Registered
Termite
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never had a Makita 1030 before, are they good for staying square? 99.9 pecent of the time it will just be square...I might start making cabinets again , who knows...

Any currentry users out there?

·
Super Moderator
5,274 Posts
It don't look like it has had much use. Those slider bars will need to be really cleaned or they will wear the slide bushings out in no time. Makita has always been about as good as any tool gets IMHO. Looks like there was some blade wobble one time or the other, probably from not letting the blade get to operating rpm and cutting too fast.

·
Registered
Termite
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'll probably make a zero clearance for it. I bought it to sell it. I guess I should know better...Guess my tool auction will be a little better when I'm gone...

Jim I appreciate the feedback. I remember back in the days a discussion between Bosch, Dewalt and makita. There was price , but it usually ended up in the height of the rear fence.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts