Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my version of a cordless tool station. I used the featured tool station from the Oct. 2013 Wood magazine and modified it to fit my needs. Additionally, I added a hidden area for the surge protector and cords.

I used recycled oak plywood from an old entertainment center (the reason for the painting) and trimmed it in poplar. I added a hook on each end to hold my sawzall and jigsaw.

I am really pleased with how it all turned out, hope you enjoy.

-G Fresh-

Attachments

·
Banned
615 Posts
Very nice. That's an awesome collection and a great way to store/show them off. I have a mixture of dewalt, milwaukee, nicad, and li-ion so it's a hassle.

If jigs and tools were chairs and stools, we'd always have a place to sit.
~Stumpy Nubs

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
I think that's a great project and execution of it. I do have one concern. It appears the charger cords are tied up. From an electrical safety standpoint, I have always been taught this is bad practice as it makes it harder for the cords to dissipate heat which is generated during use.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Very nice G!

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments.

Burb, you have a very valid point. One that I totally overlooked in my analness of trying to get everything to look perfect. This will be corrected, thanks.

-G-

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Duncancruiser said:
Very nice. Wish I had wall space for one.
You don't have to have wall space.

Here's one that I built that can be hung on the wall, the end of a bench or assembly table, shop cart or placed on any horizontal surface depending on my immediate needs.

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f13/charging-station-shop-cart-makeover-38084/

The OP and I configured ours to suit our personal needs (his is purtyer and more refined) but can be adapted for a variety of shop placements.

After a recent rearrangement and reorganization of my shop to accommodate a new toy I've found that the shop cart is taking up too much floor space. I don't know where the cart is going yet (shed?) but my charging station will be moved to a newly vacant wall area.

All I have to do is hang a cleat on the wall.

This doesn't preclude a return to the shop cart if my needs dictate it.

My point is that it seems likely that you have room somewhere for a charging station.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a great looking unit. I just wondered if you have or would mind listing the different measurements for this piece of work. I would like to try and build something very similar to it. Great Job, well done

Thanks For sharing

Tagwats1:icon_smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts