Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Makita LXPK01Z a few weeks ago. It works well except for one minor issue - the depth control knob seems to be off slightly as far as calibration/accuracy.

I looked at the parts breakdown diagram on the main page for it, and it would appear that a minor adjustment to the positioning of part #17 would fix this.

I am debating whether this is a reasonable approach to avoid sending it in for warranty repair, and how to get access to the assembly (parts 12 through 17).

Any advice?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Makita LXPK01Z a few weeks ago. It works well except for one minor issue - the depth control knob seems to be off slightly as far as calibration/accuracy.

I looked at the parts breakdown diagram on the main page for it, and it would appear that a minor adjustment to the positioning of part #17 would fix this.

I am debating whether this is a reasonable approach to avoid sending it in for warranty repair, and how to get access to the assembly (parts 12 through 17).

Any advice?
Almost 10 year later, so you probably figured this out. But since I can't find any other threads to explain this I'll tell you what I discovered. First set the indicator to zero. Then pry off the top of the knob with a straight bit screwdriver. Work your way around the seam. Lift the knob part way out so that it is only contacting the adjusting nut and not engaging the splines of the adjusting knob. While holding a straight edge across sole turn the knob until both plates are aligned. Then simply push the knob all the way down to engage the splines again. Even after I did this the blades still stuck out about 1/32. So I need to go back to the setting plate and recalibate that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts