Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am on my way to make 6 large pencils and holder that works!

What do you think? It was pretty hard making a video for the first time but I tried.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Looks like a fun project. Are you creating some kind of material for a lead that will actually write? Sorry if you said it in the video, I usually don't listen while Wife is watching TV.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a fun project. Are you creating some kind of material for a lead that will actually write? Sorry if you said it in the video, I usually don't listen while Wife is watching TV.

Welcome to the site.
Thank you for your reply! I will melt crayons for the lead. Part 2 will come this week!

·
Super Moderator
Retired Craftsman
4,748 Posts
welcome to the forum.
if you use wax crayons for the writing part, how will you keep the end sharp and pointed ?
for a realistic pencil, you can actually buy round graphite sticks that artists use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome to the forum.
if you use wax crayons for the writing part, how will you keep the end sharp and pointed ?
for a realistic pencil, you can actually buy round graphite sticks that artists use.
Hello!
I use crayon beacuse a kid will use them, more fun i think?
I'll sharpen them with a tool that is made for post pointing. I have bulit a holder for the post pointer so its easy and fast to sharpen posts like this.

·
Super Moderator
Retired Craftsman
4,748 Posts
Hello!
I use crayon because a kid will use them, more fun i think?
I see - please post some videos of the kids using these things - looks like fun.

·
Super Moderator
Retired Craftsman
4,748 Posts
wow - that is probably the slickest project I've seen in a long time !! thanks for sharing.
what kind of factory do you work in ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts