Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my first cutting board today! The lady had given me some ideas to work with and I showed her the finished product and she bought it for $45. I brought with me some other boards I had made that I told her were priced at $75 and she said she would be contacting me over the holidays for likely 2 boards of $75 design for gifts.

I'm excited :)

·
crosseyed & dyslexic
589 Posts
Isn't that a good feeling! Good for you. I tell you what, those wine boxes Mission is my Mission turned me onto are a big hit here in Washington St.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Glad to here you're on your way to success. Out of curiosity, would you mind posting the $45 & $75 boards as is be curious what represents the difference in cost.

I made 9 boards last December. Most were for gifts. They were all around 12x17x1.5

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to here you're on your way to success. Out of curiosity, would you mind posting the $45 & $75 boards as is be curious what represents the difference in cost.

I made 9 boards last December. Most were for gifts. They were all around 12x17x1.5
The difference is thickness and type of wood used.

The $75 ones use Curly Maple, Walnut, Cherry, and Purple Heart. They are also 1 3/4" thick. The $45 ones are 3/4" thick and are made of Ash and Walnut.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for your support and sharing in my happy moment.

As a novice and still building my tool collection, I can't make fine furniture yet... nor have I made a dovetail yet. But every business venture has to start somewhere right?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
That is great. What a great compliment to have someone pay you for the effort you put into the project! I'd love to see photos if you've got them. I made my first cutting board last Christmas as a way to check my tools after many years of non-use. My tools are getting a workout now since I've gotten really excited about wood working.

Here's my first board. End grain walnut, cherry, and maple.

Brown Wood Wood stain Hardwood Square

1 - 11 of 11 Posts