Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
So… I am planning to go pro! And start my carpentry business, main production is going to be MDF doors. The machinery that I am planning to begin with are a combo planer/ jointer, a table saw with a slidepanel and a shaper. As I was searching the market I ended up with three options:

1) Casadei, total cost: what equals to 24,000 USD.
a. Casadei SC30P panel sizing table saw.
b. Casadei F205 tilting head shaper with sliding panel. ((WINNER))
c. Casadei PFS41 planer/jointer combo 16”.

2) SCM Minimax, total cost: what equals to 22,000 USD.
a. Minimax S315 panel sizing table saw.
b. SCM T110 nova shaper with fixed head.
c. Minimax FS30S planer/jointer combo 12”.

3) Shandong Gongyou (china) , total cost: what equals to 10,500 USD.:eek:
a. BJC112B panel sizing table saw.
b. MX5117C shaper with fixed head.
c. ML324 planer/jointer combo 16”.

I was really impressd with the Chinese cost but I am not sure about how long will it last! So if anybody have an experience with those three brands, I need some opinions please.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks cabinetman, i will definitely lease it, i dont have this amount of money. :sweatdrop:

but the prices that i mentioned are cash prices. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Damn R just looked into your posts. Are you not looking for a CNC machine also or is that one of the machines listed. You said MDF door fabrication correct?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The way of construction here is deferent than yours, all of our houses are made by block and concrete so door frames are made of lumber, thats way i need a jointer. CNC machines are way too expensive in here a totally cant afford it and its a big jump too start with. Thanks for the advice thou.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes Rayan but i am also looking for custom furniture, you know get the customer impress with the door and pull him for some furniture :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts