Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made an account on lumberjocks. Im not too good with change! Can't seem to find my way around too good.

How many of you guys have accounts over there? I'm under the same username.

·
SS user
2,688 Posts
It's big, isn't it?
I'll meet ya over there.

EDIT
I searched for you over there and couldn't find you listed. Have you signed in and created an avatar?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gene Howe said:
It's big, isn't it? I'll meet ya over there. EDIT I searched for you over there and couldn't find you listed. Have you signed in and created an avatar?
There deffinitly is a lot there!

And I made it about 5 minutes before my original post here. Maybe it's not truly active yet?? I didn't too far into it. I'm still at school so when I get home I'll go threw it all and get set up.

Do they have an IPhone app?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I am over there with the same handle. Posted some project. Lot of stuff to look at- lots of very nice projects........

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
It certainly is a busy forum, and a lot of really nice projects posted.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I hate the forum layout and never check it however if I need ideas for projects I google what I'm interested in + lumberjocks. the results never disappoint.

·
Can still count to 10 yea
76 Posts
I have an account there also. Like others, same name and check every day.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think I only have one post over there - a project I recently posted. However, I do check in there frequently, and have been for almost a year. A lot of really good projects to looks at, and I like how you can search through the projects too. I've gotten a lot of ideas and inspiration there (as well as here and other places too). The forums, however, aren't necessarily the easiest to navigate, IMO.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I spend more time on there, actually. It's a faster pace than this site, but I definitely spend far too much time on here as well.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have an account there as well but haven't been there in a while. I prefer the folks on this site... more down to earth! Like this site, there are lots of very nice people but the site seems to be dominated by a "better then you" attitude. This is not specific because I did say and repeat there are lots of very nice folks there... I'm just more comfortable here.

It has been a while since I've visited the LJ site so I think I owe them a visit. It's not a bad site - more good things then bad... but WWT will remain my favorite.

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
Robson Valley said:
Beligerent and argumentative dorks, not wood workers. I have walked away.
Tell us how you really feel Robson. Lol
I've never been to that site so I can't comment.
Maybe I'll check it out some time.
But wood talk is my home.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have read threads over there when searching for things via Google but never just browsed. After this thread started I went over and took a look around. Thereafter a lot of stuff over there, but like others said it was tough to navigate. I've been members of a few types of forums and have always found the slightly smaller ones to be much more welcoming and friendly.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
It's interesting to see several comments about the LJ software platform. I've kept my opinions about it to myself mostly, because I thought I was the only person who though it was bad (actually, I think it sucks...the worst I've ever seen). I keep visiting since it has high traffic, and I skip all the off topic stuff (huge amount of that).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts