Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I was wondering if any woodworkers on here live in CT and if so where do you buy your hardwoods? I'm in the New Haven area and it seems as though there aren't many choices here. There was one place in Oxford that advertised they sold "quality kiln dried hardwoods" and when I went there it was a window and siding showroom and they looked at me like I had three heads when I asked about buying furniture grade hardwoods. I know there's two Woodcrafts in the state, but they have a pretty small selection. I'm just looking for a place where I can walk in and find stacks of rough cut maple, walnut, oak, maybe some exotics, etc, and rummage through and buy a few boards of my choosing that i may need for a project, or should I ever have the need, buy a stack of whatever. I know places like this do exist, but do they exist in this state? Don't want to buy pre-surfaced lumber from Home Depot or Lowes. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Can't think of the name but there is a place down there in Old Saybrook I think off of 95 that sells rough lumber in alot of differant woods. Check online.

·
Banned
4 Posts
David has a very good selection of everything you'd expect at CWG including hardwood veneer plywood . You can also have your stock milled there. Really good people, always helpful.

Another good place is http://www.berkproducts.com/

They are just over the border in MA. They have an awesome selection of slabs if you're looking to make natural edge tables. They also have a huge selection of straight cut rough stock. 16/4 is not out of the question here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. Old Saybrook sounds like the closest, but I'll have to check out both. I went to both of their websites and they both look like good places.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts