Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past I have purchased boards at Menards and their selection is limited. I don't have a joiner or planer so what I get needs to be milled to thickness (3/4"). I have googled and looked at several places online but it looks like most are geared either towards construction supplies or flooring. Most do not even advertise actual boards. I live in Kenosha about 45 minutes south of Milwaukee and minutes from the IL border.

Anyone else in the SE Wisconsin or NE Illinois area got some tips on where I can shop for boards besides Menards and the like?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I haven't checked out Kettle Moraine Hardwoods yet, but definitely want to. I just met Allen from milwaukeewoodworks.com a couple weeks ago. He stocks quite a bit of wood at his home, a lot of which is urban recovery wood. I just picked up $20 worth of odds and ends from him for some small projects, but will have to visit him again soon for more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.