Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
Termite
9,527 Posts
A little different than mine. Does it have notches for locking, or just compression lock?

Column looks pretty clean…

Does it have dual power options?

· where's my table saw?
32,680 Posts
Looks like a provision for a light to me, maybe on a flexible wound support.
I will suggest getting a "sewing machine LED" from Amazon which will give you a great close in light for aligning your cuts.
I have them on the vertical milling machine and the metal lathe as well as the kitchen table where I often do fine assembly or repairs.
They have a magnetic base, so they attach to any metal surface. For freestanding like on the table, I use a piece of 1/8" plate about 3: round or square.

Reactions: Olwoodguy

· Registered
29,488 Posts
Had a nice evening. 50 bucks for the saw and a great seafood restaurant in St Augustine.

Didn’t know it had a brake 👍. One rock solid RAS!

Gonna get a manual but does anyone know what the port on the side is for?

View attachment 446990
View attachment 446991
View attachment 446989
Is the saw 10" or 12"?. I can't remember the model but in 1980 I used a rockwell 12" saw that the carriage bearings would break letting the saw come off the arm while it was running. The saw was recalled but I'm always afraid of one not going back to it's maker.

· where's my table saw?
32,680 Posts
Is the saw 10" or 12"?. I can't remember the model but in 1980 I used a rockwell 12" saw that the carriage bearings would break letting the saw come off the arm while it was running. The saw was recalled but I'm always afraid of one not going back to it's maker.
Based on the motor plate calling for 115 V and 10 AMPs it's most likely a 10" saw.

· Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
10”, 10A guess that’s what, a 2HP motor?

The port was for the switch key, which I found in the truck bed.

Having a devil of a time finding a manual.

See my add Bosch miter saw for sale.

· where's my table saw?
32,680 Posts
Based on the motor plate calling for 115 V and 10 AMPs it's most likely a 10" saw.
If it's a 12" saw it will most likely have a 1" arbor. I don't think many 12" saws were designed to run on 115 volts at 10 AMPs, just not enough HP for that size blade. Having said that, my 12" Craftsman radial arm saws did have a 5/8" arbor, but were wired for 240 VOLTs. They were "homeowner" saws, not commercial/industrial grade in spite of the hype in the catalog...

· Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If it's a 12" saw it will most likely have a 1" arbor. I don't think many 12" saws were designed to run on 115 volts at 10 AMPs, just not enough HP for that size blade. Having said that, my 12" Craftsman radial arm saws did have a 5/8" arbor, but were wired for 240 VOLTs. They were "homeowner" saws, not commercial/industrial grade in spite of the hype in the catalog...
Guess you all missed my post.

It’s a 10” saw. Has a removeable key for on/off.

· where's my table saw?
32,680 Posts
10”, 10A guess that’s what, a 2HP motor?
The port was for the switch key, which I found in the truck bed.
Having a devil of a time finding a manual.
See my add Bosch miter saw for sale.
Guess you all missed my post.
Has a removeable key for on/off.
I was responding to the posts that were still questioning what size saw it was, based on my own 12" saw's arbor size and wiring requirements.
So, no I didn't miss your post, I was emphasizing my reasoning for the benefit of others.

· where's my table saw?
32,680 Posts
You are going to love that saw! If your 45 degree settings are not spot on, you can make a 45 degree stop that registers against the fence and leave the arm set at 90 degrees..

Reactions: Colosnoball
1 - 20 of 20 Posts