Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the process of building a skateboard half pipe in my back yard. I live in richmond va and I have been searching for 32 sheets of BC pressure treated plywood in 3/8 thickness. I'm no carpenter so I don't really know where to look. Lowes and Home Depot dont sell it in my area and they said they can't even order it which seems odd. Does anyone know where I can buy this stuff? Ive been on this mission for weeks now. The best I have came up with was plain old BC pine and using glycol to soak it.

It's a skateboard ramp so I have to be careful that its not too slick. All the feedback on paint and sealers I got was that its too slick. It also has to be durable not just against the elements but the abuse it will see while being skated. I plan to use two layers of 3/8 inch as its thin enough to bend to the ramps contour but thick enough to hold the weight and stand up against wheels and people hitting it with some amount of force.

Anyways back to my original question. Where can I get the wood near Richmond or what is an alternative to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try Northland Lumber in Manassas he will order I think and a nice guy. Vienna Hardwoods will order from his supplier. Both have good prices and my bet will help you out or refer you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welp, I called Northland, Vienna, Sheeps, and Barrons. None of them could get it. I guess there wasnt much demand for it so they stopped making it. There HAS to be someone that can get this stuff. If not does anyone know a way to waterproof regular BC plywood without making it super slick?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts