Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'll be living in Northern VT this summer and will be looking for work until school starts back up in the fall. Ideally I am looking to work in the woodworking trade (cabinets, boatbuilding, fine furniture, maybe finish carpentry), preferably no rough carpentry though. I am currently attending The Vermont Woodworking School in Fairfax, VT and will be finishing up my Associates Degree next semester. I have a lot of experience with general carpentry and am quite proficient in furniture building. Please take a look at my website to see what I do. www.TJGwoodworking.com If any of you are in this area and would like to take me on for the summer that would be fantastic. I am looking for at least 20 hours a week. Also, if you don't live in the area but know someone who does, please get me in touch. One last thing, the position could be treated as either an apprenticeship or an internship. Thanks for your time, Tyler

·
Registered
440 Posts
When I was a kid l'd I'd go from dairy farm to dairy farm in Vt and up in Canada trading labor for room and board.

Those farmer's wives would clean my cloths and stuff me to the gills on fried chicken and potatoes and for breakfast eggs bacon & bread.

The work was brutal though. Nobody works harder than dairy farmers.

Go to the local churches. They will prove a good resource

1 - 2 of 2 Posts