Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I am in need of some cherry burl for a project I have going.

I would really like to get my hands on two 1x1x6 pieces and a 12x4x2 cut out of the same piece of burl wood.

If anyone has some they would like to sell, or has a lead on any, I would greatly appreciate it.

If this is posted in the wrong section of the forum I apologize, I figured it would get the most attention in here.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I strongly recommend taking a click over to WoodBarter.com

After posting an introductory message, take a look in the "wood for sale" section -- if nothing catches your eye, post a request in the "wanted" section.

Chances are it'll take less time to get a response than it's taken you to read this so far ... :yes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
GMan2431; I have some black cherry burl blocks that I cut this summer. These are actual blocks cut from the tree, not split or cut yet. If your interested let me know, we can figure pricing. I believe I have 5 or 6 pieces all different sizes.

·
Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
GMan2431; I have some black cherry burl blocks that I cut this summer. These are actual blocks cut from the tree, not split or cut yet. If your interested let me know, we can figure pricing. I believe I have 5 or 6 pieces all different sizes.
I would also be interested in a piece or two if you have any left :yes:

·
Banned
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions!

20/20 I will send you a message and would like to see some pics of your pieces. Thanks!

This project really means a ton to myself and the person receiving it, I wanna make him something truly special to sit atop his big executive desk. The desk is also made of cherry and I think something a little more flashy on top will complement it just right.

I just left wood craft earlier and picked up all my supplies, now I just need to get my hands on some wood that looks as good as this desk does.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts