Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for both a crosscut and a ripsaw. I can't pay a lot at this time, so my question is if the saws at menards and lowes are fine, like the stanleys under $15, or should I just put out and buy something better? If I need to spend the money I will, but if the cheaper saws are fine I'd like to go that way for now.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Depending on your needs this is what I have and use. And I would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Some what confused as to what type of saw you are looking for - a single saw that does both crosscut and ripping, OR 2 separate saws for those operations. The reply from rcp612 is a good answer if your intention is to do BOTH crosscut & ripping with one saw. Be safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, yes I could see where that could be confusing. I would like to buy two saws, one for each. I find much less frustration having specific-use tools, even on a budget.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked Ace, Menards, Lowes, Hardware Hank, True Value, Acme Tools, And Sears. I cannot find a rip saw anywhere in town. There is something wrong with this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts