Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have bought several sets from Woodline Arizona over the years and have had good luck with all of them. They carry 3 piece sets with panel raisers and just 2 piece sets for rail and stiles as well. Their r & s sets go for around $50-$60 I think and the 3 piece are around $100 I believe.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
What's the best cabinet router bit set that dosnt cost 200 bucks??
The Freud 2+2 technology has a distinct advantage over other two and three wing bits. You can pick up one of their 3-1/2" panel raisers for ~ $80-$85. Then add a separate rail and style set....the Katana is a good set for ~ $85, so an excellent set would be ~ $165-$170 total.

·
Banned
3,533 Posts
How much do you want to be able to use them? How many bits? There are an awful lot of variables here. I bought a cheapo chinese bit set that cost me $25 on ebay and has lasted for 6 or 7 years now. I've blown out two bits. The ones I use most often (and destroyed) I've replaced with diablo (I think) bits. I think I have about $120 in bits total with something like 100 bits. I could do some panels with ogees ??? but they'd be limited to 1" I think.

The diablos I've seen range around $60 each for larger sizes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts