Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a plan for a dry bar. I cant seem to find much online. I was looking in one of those low quality furnature stores and saw what I want. I just cant pay that kind of money for crap.
Does anyone know of a certain back issue of woodsmith or something with a plan?

I cant post a link with my phone. Just not smart enough for that. But. Ill try to describe it. It had a fold out top. There was a couple dove tailed sliders that pulled out to support the fold out top. The back side had 4 drawers and underneath them there was a wine rack.
I really like the folding top. It allows for a decent sized top with the ability to fit through a doorway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing?
I decided to make an attempt at designing this on my own. Im using a t-square and board with an engineers scale. But anyway I have a question.
The top will be 2 inches thick. 28 inches deep with an 18 inch drop leaf. The base at the floor would be 20 inches. My concern is. Would it be too top heavy with the drop leaf in tbe up position? For the base I was planning on using 1/2 cberry ply.

·
Banned
3,533 Posts
If you can figure out how to post pictures it will really help us give you design advice. I'd say, whether it will be top heavy or not will likely be determined by the materials used. From your description, though, I wouldn't expect it to be too horrible though I'm not sure how you would have a drop leaf in that design. Are you meaning a drop leaf on only one side? Also, how long is the bar?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.