Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
After endless searching I am here to ask if anybody knows anything about Amm wood. I recently started designing wood at a semi custom furniture store and we work primarily with Amm wood.
I know this is not how it is spelt so it makes it difficult to find out more about its properties. I called Paxton; the local exotic wood lumber yard and they said it is also known as Colopol wood or Omu wood. Neither of these names bring up any results.
Does anybody know anything about this wood? it is light in color with varying grain patterns It has some yellow and grey grain as well. All I know for sure is that it is not very common in the united states and is very hard.

·
Registered
13,542 Posts
If you work at a place that primarily used that wood does not someone there know how to at least spell the name. Where do you get the wood? I would think whoever orders the wood, or at least the supplier, can tell you the spelling.

When you say "designing wood", what do you mean?

George

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.