Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find any? I don't want a basic gazebo, and I don't want a gazebo that is to fancy. I am also not wanting to spend too much money on plans. I'd appreciate any help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked up a bunch of plans in 1999 for a job I was doing for a couple on the lake. I found tons of plans online. Just google around there is no shortage of plans available.
Trust me, I've done so. Many are far to plain, or far to decorative. A lot are far too expensive. I just can't find the right one. I'm hoping to have this gazebo done by the summer. It should be a fun project.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Travis.
If you can perform the basic construction techniques that are required to build a gazebo, then you don't need a pre-made plan.
If you can draw it, you can build it.
Start with a floor plan, plan the foundation, then draw the plan for the deck, then uprights or posts, then the trusses or rafters.
I don't know if you want a round or an oval, but an oval is just a center stretched oval..
feel free to call me for questions or to sharp shoot your basic plan.
Wood shingles look nice:smile:
jim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Travis.
If you can perform the basic construction techniques that are required to build a gazebo, then you don't need a pre-made plan.
If you can draw it, you can build it.
Start with a floor plan, plan the foundation, then draw the plan for the deck, then uprights or posts, then the trusses or rafters.
I don't know if you want a round or an oval, but an oval is just a center stretched oval..
feel free to call me for questions or to sharp shoot your basic plan.
Wood shingles look nice:smile:
jim
I plan on building a circular gazebo. I really don't like drawing up plans and bill of materials due to laziness. I also wouldn't know where to begin as far as the exact style I'd like. Thanks for the help though.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
solidwoods gave you some good advice. But if you have that lazy gene you ought to consider building a nice bench and stick your umbrella in a fishing pole holder to block the sun, because a gazebo, even a simple one, is no project for the "laid back" woodworker. :no:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
solidwoods gave you some good advice. But if you have that lazy gene you ought to consider building a nice bench and stick your umbrella in a fishing pole holder to block the sun, because a gazebo, even a simple one, is no project for the "laid back" woodworker. :no:
Well, I'm building this for my parents. It's my way of paying them off, so they will continue to pay my way through college.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did you check Lowes and Home Depot?
Also metal joist hangers can simplify the rafter ends ,they have compound angles that if stick framed need to be right on.
Me advice also, watch out for making it to small, I've seen many that look big on the plan but when you add tables and chairs OOPS:blink: no floor space left.

Gazebos are also available as pre-made. Menonites make them around here (N. Central TN)
jim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you check Lowes and Home Depot?
Also metal joist hangers can simplify the rafter ends ,they have compound angles that if stick framed need to be right on.
Me advice also, watch out for making it to small, I've seen many that look big on the plan but when you add tables and chairs OOPS:blink: no floor space left.

Gazebos are also available as pre-made. Menonites make them around here (N. Central TN)
jim
Trust me, 15' is plenty big. I have also noticed the joist hangers. I plan on using them.

Don't give up Travis. I'll nose around the web and see if I can find some sites again. Might be a few days.
Thanks! Much appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts