Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my coworkers brought this piece of wood in. It sucked and I wanted to toss it but decided to take it on as a personal challenge. I filled the cracks an punky areas with thin CA and then filled the bigger holes with black epoxy. I let the rotten limb section develop as a big hole in the side. Besides I needed practice turning the inside so it's smooth a clean and what better way that to look through a hole a see how you are doing. It's about 5" tall and 3 3/4" wide.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
the rotten limb section develop as a big hole in the side. Besides I needed practice turning the inside so it's smooth a clean and what better way that to look through a hole a see how you are doing.
:laughing: That's the spirit. Nice turning John.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
locust

John,
Nice job, looks great. Those grungy, cracked, misfit pieces of wood turn out to be the most fun. I think it becomes sort of a quest to make something good come out of it. Usually when I am doing one of those besides the glue, it ends up flying off the lathe a couple of times. I then spend a few minutes on my hands and knees searching for all the pieces and then glue it back together and keep going. :thumbsup:
Mike Hawkins

1 - 4 of 4 Posts