Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody on here have the Ridgid r2911 and have a router lift for it? I want to get one, but having issues finding where the manufacturer specifically says this would fit it.

Thanks in advance!

·
John
3,028 Posts
Anybody on here have the Ridgid r2911 and have a router lift for it? I want to get one, but having issues finding where the manufacturer specifically says this would fit it.

Thanks in advance!
IIRC, the 2911 can be adjusted from above the table without a lift. Check the bottom of the fixed base and see if there is a small hex on the end of the height adjustment screw. You would still need to reach under the table to unlock it but it's up to you whether that is worth $200-300 for a lift. Otherwise, I think any of the lifts will accept it with adapter blocks for a 3½" motor. The MLCS motorized lift is made for the small motor. :smile:
There are also plans out there for shop made lifts which can obviously be customized for your router size. Here is one
http://americanwoodworker.com/blogs/shop/archive/2012/08/01/shop-made-router-lift.aspx

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IIRC, the 2911 can be adjusted from above the table without a lift. Check the bottom of the fixed base and see if there is a small hex on the end of the height adjustment screw. You would still need to reach under the table to unlock it but it's up to you whether that is worth $200-300 for a lift. Otherwise, I think any of the lifts will accept it with adapter blocks for a 3½" motor. The MLCS motorized lift is made for the small motor. :smile:
There are also plans out there for shop made lifts which can obviously be customized for your router size. Here is one
http://americanwoodworker.com/blogs/shop/archive/2012/08/01/shop-made-router-lift.aspx
I'll have to check that out....maybe if I had read the manual I would have known that! Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.