Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my son saw his cousins lego storage which consisted of plastic boxes on a wood rack. He ask if I could build something for his Legos. This is what we came up with.

Furniture Drawer Chiffonier Chest of drawers Wood stain

Furniture Wood Hardwood Drawer Plywood

Wood Plywood Furniture Table Chest

Wood Plywood Product Hardwood Furniture

Furniture Wood Table Desk Plywood

Wood Package delivery Furniture Box Play

My son adding a little paraffin wax to make the boxes slide smoothly.

Play Furniture Room Toy Machine

Motor vehicle Vehicle Crane Transport Toy

His latest lego project is a crane. He's almost done. Still needs to complete the crane portion.

This project Is pretty straight forward. Pretty much one big box with a whole bunch of smaller boxes that fit just right. But that's what cabinetmaking is all about.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
That looks like a really good project. The DT's turned out really nice. Your son looks like quite the Lego-neer. My son recently expanded to the Technic's too. Man they are spendy. He loves them. I like them too, but I don't like the flexibility of them. Regular legos allow you to use your imagination more I think. Maybe I just need to play with the Technics more. Nice box though.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Nicely done! I might have made them separate to stack (like legos :yes: ), but know your son will have useful storage for many things, years after his Legos are gone.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ACP said:
That looks like a really good project. The DT's turned out really nice. Your son looks like quite the Lego-neer. My son recently expanded to the Technic's too. Man they are spendy. He loves them. I like them too, but I don't like the flexibility of them. Regular legos allow you to use your imagination more I think. Maybe I just need to play with the Technics more. Nice box though.
Thanks for the kind words. I have always thought Legos are a great toy. I do like the technic line for him because he's learning about how mechanical things work. He took the motors out of his excavator and put them in his unimog and made it steer and drive using the remote control. It made me very proud. He's 10 yo.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4DThinker said:
Nicely done! I might have made them separate to stack (like legos :yes: ), but know your son will have useful storage for many things, years after his Legos are gone.
Thank you for the nice words. I always think ahead when making a project for a young person. I like for the project to grow with the child. I like the idea of making the boxes stack. I didn't think of that. In fact he has so many Legos he may have to stack the small boxes and use the cubbies for storage also LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts