Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up that Lee Valley has free shipping from December 27-January 6, 2014 on orders of $40 or more. I have been waiting to pick up some things from them, but now I am not sure if I should just wait until the Baltimore Woodworking Show, this weekend. They may have some even better deals. I am going on Saturday, 1/5/13, so I guess if I don't pick up what I want at the show I can still order it that night or the next day.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Duh, I guess I need to learn to read the calendar correctly. Thanks for the correction. Either way, I am pretty sure I am going Saturday, what ever the date is.

Plus since I got the day wrong, I now have a couple extra days to order anything I don't get at the show. Bonus for me.

·
Uncle Fester
1,555 Posts
Paul W Gillespie said:
Well, Duh, I guess I need to learn to read the calendar correctly. Thanks for the correction. Either way, I am pretty sure I am going Saturday, what ever the date is. Plus since I got the day wrong, I now have a couple extra days to order anything I don't get at the show. Bonus for me.
If you go to the show how about posting a critique.
The shows by us have been getting smaller and smaller. I used to be able to go to the Chicago show in the fall and Milwaukee in the spring. Chicago is no longer and Milwaukee is a third the size.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I went to the show in Denver last month. No discounts or show special pricing, but they do waive shipping and sales tax. They will place an order for you, so you don't get to walk out the door with your goodies! I did pick up the small shoulder plane and the apron plane...both a joy to use right out of the box!

I tried tossing the Lee Valley name around over the last few months, but I have all my gift giving relatives trained to think Rockler and Woodcraft for gift cards. :) First world problems, eh? Thanks for tempting me though Paul!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an update that Lee Valley has its free shipping event going on until 3/31/14.

I finally bit the bullet and bought the 50" Aluminium Straight Edge for $89. I debated if I really wanted to spend that kind of money on a straight edge. It should last a lifetime with proper care and I am sure it will come in handy tuning up my jointer. And I know that is nothing compared to the better brands like Starrett, but still a large chunk for me at this time. I figured buy it now or wait until the next free shipping event.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I don't know if I should thank you or curse you Paul. I went there to order a couple of dovetail saddle gauges, and next thing I know I've got about $300 worth of stuff in the cart!!! I've gotten it down to $68, but it's not as exciting...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thanks from me as well. I needed some t-track and related bolts/clamps/handles for a project and the last time I bought such the shipping was more than the parts were. I'll guess free shipping saved me $60 this time!

4D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well darn, the free shipping window closed the day before April 1. I just now saw the Veritas® Dodeca-Gauge, the Pocket Dovetailer, and the Variable Gang Saw, all of which I want because I don't have anything like them in my toolbox. Oh well, maybe next year I won't get fooled.

·
Banned
310 Posts
sroof said:
Well darn, the free shipping window closed the day before April 1. I just now saw the Veritas® Dodeca-Gauge, the Pocket Dovetailer, and the Variable Gang Saw, all of which I want because I don't have anything like them in my toolbox. Oh well, maybe next year I won't get fooled.
LV usually have the free shipping thing every three months or so. When I get a notification I will post it, sorry didn't realize it was a big deal as I live a two hour drive away from the nearest store .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts