Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My older son moved out recently, so my wife and I wanted to reclaim the space for my wife's sewing and craft work. I had a couple of days of prep work to get rid of all the old nail holes from rope lights, posters, darts, etc. Block sanded all the walls, then primed with SW's premium wall primer to give everything the same texture. Scuffsanded all the woodwork and used an adhesion primer followed by two coats of acrylic enamel. Painted the ceiling before all this, and also the doors. Sprayed all the window hardware white, replaced the outlets and switches with white ones. Then I decided to tear out the carpet and installed some Australian cypress hardwood flooring. It is 3/4" x 3" T&G. It went down good and looks great. Just finished installing the shoe mold and filling the last nail holes. My wife loves it, so I'm off the hook for a little while.
Mike Hawkins;)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Beautiful floor Mike. The trim and paint are very classic looking too, I like it a lot. The veiw doesn't look bad either. I am sure the wife is very happy.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.
Bill,
My son stops by once a week to do a couple loads of laundry and visit. He has seen the room and likes it. But he knows that if he decides to move back, it isn't his room any more. He'll be in the basement. (It's finished). Also, his painting privileges have been revoked.
Mike Hawkins;)

·
Big Member
335 Posts
Great job. The floor looks amazing. I had to move back home once for about 6 months and I felt like a visiting cousin.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great job. The floor looks amazing. I had to move back home once for about 6 months and I felt like a visiting cousin.
It 's like that now. My son stops by once a week to do a couple of loads of laundry and visit for a few hours. He does seem like a guest now.
Mike Hawkins;)

·
sawdust maker
560 Posts
nice floors and paint did you know that cyprus deters nearly all bugs,
And if you cut plane sand without a mask your mouth gos numb.
Yes it is nice wood did you have to drill every nail hole .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Beautifully done Mike,All three of my sons were Boomerang kids.You get em out and they keep coming back.When the last one moved out we moved to Sun City.No extra people can move in with ya unless older parents to take care of or some other special circumstance.Anyways you always do such great work.I really like the flooring.Gary

·
Registered
714 Posts
Nice work...very nice. Good work takes time and the end results show it.
I'm doing a laundry room for a lady now and she has made the statement a few times that she had no idea how much work was involved. Doing it the right way takes times...no getting around it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts